DETERMINING THE VALUE OF AN ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIM
One of the questions many Braithwaite Boyle clients ask is “how much is my injury claim worth?” The value of your claim is normally determined through a complex calculation of the following five factors:
- You may claim for pain and suffering, including loss of enjoyment of life;
- You may claim for loss of wages because of time missed from work due to your injuries. This includes loss of future earning ability.
- You may claim for special damages. These include any out of pocket expenses resulting from the injury, such as prescription costs, physiotherapy, medical/dental expenses, transportation expenses, etc.;
- You may claim for loss of capacity to perform domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, yard work, childcare, etc.;
- You may claim the cost of future care, including medical treatment and special equipment you may need, either temporarily or permanently.
At Braithwaite Boyle, the above factors, as well as other evidentiary factors are used to assess the particular merits of your accident injury case to make sure you receive all the compensation you are entitled to. Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced lawyers in Edmonton, Calgary or Red Deer to determine the value of your accident injury claim.
THREE ALBERTA LOCATIONS:
Braithwaite Boyle Building
11816 – 124 ST NW
Edmonton, AB T5L 0M3
Braithwaite Boyle Centre
#200, 1701 Centre St.
Calgary, AB T2E 7Y2
Braithwaite Boyle Office
3401 Gaetz Ave
Red Deer, AB T4N 3Y3