Braithwaite Boyle

slip and fall accidents

Slip and Fall Accidents

If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to sue the occupier of the land or premises where the accident occurred. Seek medical attention and obtain photos of the fall location immediately. Then, consult an accident injury firm such as Braithwaite Boyle as soon as possible.

The Alberta Occupiers Liability Act says that an occupier of premises (that is, landowners, renters, managers, etc.) must take reasonable care to ensure the safety of visitors on the property.

In Alberta, the two most common safety hazards resulting in slip and fall lawsuits against occupiers are: liquid or food spills on store floors and icy or slippery steps, sidewalks or parking lots on private property.

If you are a slip and fall accident victim, you may sue the occupier for general damages, for pain and suffering, any out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the accident, damages for current and future wage loss, damages for current and future medical costs, etc. Contact Braithwaite Boyle Accident Injury Law for a consultation to assess your slip and fall incident and discuss next steps.

Copyright Braithwaite Boyle 2018 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice